Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lipstick Comparison: Milani, Maybelline, Revlon; Review and Swatches!

Hi everyone!

Today I'm reviewing 3 different lipsticks:  Milani Color Perfect in Frosted Pink, Maybelline Color Sensational in Porcelain Pink, and Revlon Moon Drops in Peach Silk.

They all sell for $6-$9 at drugstores, I got mine at CVS.





I thought the colors all looked really pretty in the tube.  I'm always looking for a pale lipstick that applies well and stays on, and the Revlon had an orange tinge to it that I didn't have anywhere else in my collection.

From left to right:  Maybelline, Milani, Revlon.
All these swatches looked pigmented and smooth, so I had high hopes for these lipsticks!

Milani Color Perfect in Frosted Pink



As you can see, the color is pretty with a nice shimmer, but as soon as you touch your lips together the color smears (see the extra pigmented strip on my lower lip?).  It also didn't stay SUPER long, only around 2 hours.  It also smells really weird.  I might be willing to try this in a different color, but will definitely not repurchase Frosted Pink.

Maybelline Color Sensational in Porcelain Pink
I had the same problem with this color smearing and becoming uneven shortly after being applied.  Maybe it's a pastel lipstick thing?  I also felt this color washed me out a lot.  It did last quite a while though, around 5 hours.  I will not be repurchasing the Porcelain lipstick collection by Maybelline, but would try another shade in their Color Sensational line.

Revlon Moon Drops in Peach Silk
This color is by far my favorite of the 3 I'm reviewing today.  The color was really pigmented and even, and I love the orangey shade.  I've been wanting to try an orange lipstick, and this is a good in between shade to ease me in to them.  This color lasted around 4 hours.  I definitely want to try other Revlon lipsticks, especially from the Moon Drops line!

Bottom line?  The Milani was just meh.  Wouldn't recommend it although I've loved all their other makeup.  The Maybelline would be great in a darker color I think.  The Revlon was awesome, and I definitely think that it was the best.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo Monica <3

No comments:

Post a Comment