Tuesday, June 5, 2012

NYX Frou Frou Mascara; Swatches and Review

Hey everyone!

I'm back today with another review, a new mascara I snagged from Ulta yesterday for $6.00.  NYX has a whole line of mascaras out (with coordinated tubes-- super cute) and I picked up Frou Frou, which claims to voluminize and lengthen.

Cute, right?


The brush was fairly average in my opinion, nothing unique or interesting about it.
Note--  I know the mascara looks grayish in this photo, but it's actually black in real life.  The flash messed up the coloring :P


So does it work?
Here are my bare lashes, not curled.

Then, my lashes with one coat of NYX Frou Frou mascara; still not curled.
Can you say LENGTH??

Here are my eyes closed to see the full drama of the lashes:


I absolutely love how much length this mascara gave me.  It gave a good amount of volume too, so it actually lived up to its claims!  I wore this mascara for 11 hours today, and it hasn't flaked or smudged at all.  The mascara does have an odd scent (floral?) when you open the tube, but it completely goes away once applied. 

For only $6.00 this is one of the best mascara I've tried, and I'd definitely recommend it!  I would like to try the rest of the NYX collection of mascaras at one point.

So what do you think?  Do you like what you see?  Will you be trying NYX mascara?  Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading!
xoxo Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment