Sunday, June 3, 2012

Revlon Photoready Mascara and Milani Eyetech; Review and Swatches!

Hey guys!

Today I'm writing about Revlon Photoready Mascara and Milani Eyetech eyeliner in black. 

This mascara is one of my favorites, which really surprised me coming from Revlon as I usually don't like their mascaras.

The tube is pretty, I like the square design.  There is also quite a lot of product in it, 0.34 fl oz, for around $8.00.

The brush is kinda big but has long and thin bristles, which I really like.


This is me with one coat of Revlon Photoready mascara on the left side, and bare lashes on the right.  I did not curl my lashes.  This mascara will stay on me all day, without smudging or flaking.  Major plus!  It is not waterproof though, so it might come off at the pool or even in the rain. 



The Milani Eyetech comes in a small gold tube that will set you back about $8.00.  In my opinion, this is actually a high price for such a tiny tube, only 0.015 fl oz! 


The tip on this is very thin, which is nice, because I find a lot of eyeliners aren't capable of creating very thin lines easily.  I also like the felt tip, it's like a mix of liquid and pencil!


As you can see, it makes a thin but solid black line.  I like how dark the coloring is.  It has good staying power, because I left this on overnight and it stayed.  However, it will come off by just rubbing it too hard.


In this picture, I have Milani Eyetech eyeliner (applied thickly) and Revlon Photoready mascara on the left side, and nothing on the right.


Eyes closed, with Revlon Photoready mascara and Milani Eyetech eyeliner on.


Overall, I would definitely recommend the Revlon Photoready mascara, because it gives the lashes great length and definition, and lasts all day.  The Milani Eyetech is great for me because it can give me the thinner line that I can't get with other eyeliners.  However, if you are capable of making thin lines with other eyeliners, I would probably save your $8.00 on this one, because other than that it's really nothing special, and it will smudge if you rub your eyes.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo Monica <3

No comments:

Post a Comment